Brand EU has joined forces with the main PRO-EU Organisations in the UK, launching a petition requesting the UK Government for a clear plan before initiating Brexit. With millions of peoples’ lives and businesses on hold, the government needs to give a detailed strategy for its negotiations and answer some crucial questions on what Britain’s future holds. The Government has finally agreed to publish its Brexit plan. But two more things are vital. First, the plan must be sufficiently detailed to answer the key concerns people have flagged about Brexit. Second, Parliament and the people must have sufficient time to debate the plan rather than being bounced into approving it at the last minute. The petition requests the government to answer 10 simple questions about leaving the EU.
Our 10 Questions:
- Will we stay in the single market?
- Will we continue to pay into the EU budget and follow its rules?
- Will we stay in customs union?
- How will EU migration be controlled?
- When can the first new Free Trade Agreements be expected?
- Will there be a transitional period after we quit the EU?
- Will Scotland be given a reason to avoid leaving the UK?
- Will there be controls at the Irish border?
- How do we ensure we can fight cross-border problems such as terrorism, crime and global warming?
- How do we guarantee the NHS, universities, farmers and industry get the talent they need?
For more information: http://www.whatstheplan.uk/