Brand EU Marketing and Monitoring
Brand EU as a brand of a peoples’ union
Many countries, cities and regions have developed their own brand programmes in order to clarify their own brand identity and differentiate themselves in a competitive global market. At BRAND EU we also think of the EU as a brand. A Union of Member states and peoples that share a common vision and universal values with European Citizenship at its core.
We work to align the perception of the EU with the brand reality. To do this it is crucial to understand the current perceptions of the EU, what truly makes its identity and what it represents for people in Europe and abroad. We monitor the current state of the EU brand by analysing global news, social media, field research, polls and also via individual expert interviews. We aim to develop a clear understanding of the EU’s perception beyond Europe in countries such as the MEDITERRANEAN COUNTRIES, TURKEY, RUSSIA, USA, LATAM and CHINA. Understanding how other nations perceive the EU’s future role as a partner and in the global order is crucial to create better policies, good diplomacy and engagement.
The Brand EU Marketing Department activities include:
- Monitoring perceptions and communications of the Brand EU in Europe and internationally
- Developing research and publications on key BRAND EU topics and issues
- Communicating a strategic vision, future scenarios, brand strategies and policy statements
- Identifying key iconic themes about the EU
- Creating, designing and managing campaigns and IP on EU
- Creating clear, simple and fun communications about the EU
- Responding to Eurosceptic myths created about the EU
- Developing marketing partnerships & alliances
- Creating a social media presence
- Positioning EU in global rankings for different areas and industries
BRAND EU was founded by top global vision brand strategist and Chief Marketing Officer Nicolas De Santis. He has developed the brand of the International European Movement and has advised the European Parliament and the European Commission on European identity issues and the launch of the EURO.
BRAND EU is supported by leading experts in many different fields and areas relevant to the strategic and policy issues facing the EU brand, including defence and security, jobs, immigration, economics & finance, culture and sport, energy, transport, environment, etc.