Trade deal with the USA
The EU is negotiating a historic trade and investment deal with the US – the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership – or TTIP.
With TTIP, the EU wants to help people and businesses large and small, by:
- Opening up the US to EU firms.
- Helping cut red tape that firms face when exporting.
- Setting new rules to make it easier and fairer to export, import and invest overseas.
- Generating jobs and growth across the EU.
- Cutting prices when we shop and offering us more choice.
- Influencing world trade rules.
- Projecting our EU values globally.